Create a snapshot using the Azure portal
To create a snapshot, complete the following steps:
- On the Azure portal, select Create a resource.
- Search for and select Snapshot.
- In the Snapshot window, select Create. The Create snapshot window appears.
- Enter a Name for the snapshot.
- Select an existing Resource group or enter the name of a new one.
- Select an Azure datacenter Location.
- For Source disk, select the managed disk to snapshot.
- Select the Account type to use to store the snapshot. Select Standard_HDD, unless you need the snapshot to be stored on a high-performing disk.
- Select Create.