Load Balancing Options: Nginx vs. HAProxy vs. AWS ELB
- HAProxy supports Round-Robin, Least Connection, Weighted and more. It has the most options.
- Nginx supports Round-Robin and Weighted only.
- AWS ELB only supports Round-Robin.
- Nginx can be monitored by any log monitor, like Nagios.
- HAProxy includes a built-in log monitors like Nagios.
- AWS ELB is supported by CloudWatch.
- ELB has the best performance.
- HAProxy is better with small load (less than 30 connections).
- Nginx is better with heavy load.